Sunday, May 6, 2012

Books!

For the first time in a long while I have decided to do another inspiration for a rainy day post! On Friday night I visited a church book sale in my town and I must say I was in my element completely. I did restrain myself however and only cam away with five books. I regret it a little, not buying more that is, but I am very happy with my purchases.

- An old Mrs. Browning poetry book that I picked up for the cover and age alone.
- Translation:Aistreann-Tammy Armstrong, a book set in my home province about a girl who moves to Ireland and back, I couldn't refuse!
- The Best of Times-Penny Vincenzi,that HUGE book about how one day affects four different strangers on the same path.
- Letter Writing, a book from the 20's on the importance of writing letters and how to do so.
- A Cup of Comfort for Writers, I saw this book and just couldn't help myself, the stories are heart-warming and I think that a writer on any scale can understand writer's block and feeling inadequate.

All for $2.50...I am a very happy camper who is overjoyed with her pile of books, but first I have to finish The Game of Kings; set it Scotland 1457! I must saw when I do tackle this stack of books, I am looking forward to reading Translation:Aistreann the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment