Friday, May 18, 2012

Published!

It was with great pride that I can now utter the words, I am published. In fact, when asked what was new with me the other day I may have squealed out those same three words. I can't help it, I don't mean to brag but I just cannot contain my excitement. In the span of two weeks I received news that I had a poem printed in my District's "The Write Stuff" magazine and then, that an essay of mine won fourth overall in New Brunswick and was being published in a "Turning Points" magazine that is printed all over Canada.

It feels so weird to write bios of myself to be printed but most of all it seems weird that I have the possibility to do so! I am still on a high and am so excited to attend the launch next Monday. It feels as if numerous doors have opened up before me and I am still staring at them, dumbfounded. Everything that I am striving towards seems so much closer. The opportunities I have been given in the form of writing workshops has given me the possibility to interact and communicate with published authors and has improved my writing.

When school is getting harder and I am getting frustrated, just taking a step back puts everything into perspective. In a few more weeks I will be done with Chemistry, the equations will go away and I will have gained another aspect of knowledge. And in the mean-time, I am being bloody published, I can't stay frustrated when I think of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment