Thursday, June 7, 2012

Exam Week...

School is so close to being over that I can almost taste it! But that doesn't mean that it has been an easy ride getting here. This year has been tough, to put it lightly. I am hoping beyond hopes that next year will be calmer but I am sure that I will find some way to make it crazy. These last few weeks have all been in preparation for my exams that start Monday... Amidst studying the current material for tests and assignments I have also been trying to study the material we covered in February, which, let me tell you, is no easy feat. I am completely and utterly and unbelievably exhausted right now.

My routine lately has been: take half an hour to get up, throw on half-clean clothes, make it to school, get through classes, come home, lay on bed exhausted until supper, eat, study, sleep & repeat. Today, however, I varied slightly. I was laying on my bed, trying to find the effort to move my head and I thought there is no way that I will be able to get through studying without caffeine. So, it took a few minutes, but I got up and made my way downstairs to make a vanilla-infused coffee. I am currently milking the remaining dregs of said coffee and it is delicious. Caffeine really does work wonders...it got me through a 36 hr+ day last week and I am sure it will get me through many more.


I suppose, however, that I really must get to studying the impossible mathematical equations that Functions & Relations 111 entails as I have now accepted that there isn't a drop of coffee left in my mug. And, I suppose, I should also crack open my Chemistry textbook and attempt to remember when an atom decreases in size, or how to calculate the percentage of water, or how to balance equations. While I am at it, I should also study the Nitrogen and Carbon Cycles for Environmental Science. And practising sentence combining and prĂ©cis writing for English would also be a good idea...

On the second hand...another cup of coffee sounds good.

No comments:

Post a Comment