Sunday, June 17, 2012

One rose says more than a dozen.

Today was a gorgeous, hot, sunny Fathers' Day that, for my family, was spent on the beach. We all packed into the car around noon and what started out to be a horrible day turned into a pleasant family outing, I was pleasantly surprised. Hours were spent on a new found beach and now I can be found, quite exhausted, sprawled out on my bed with eyelids drooping. But I thought that after such a wonderful, sunny day that now would be a great time to write a post. Lately, I have really been wanting to do another one of these posts and over the last little bit it seems that I have accumulated a few photos that capture the simple happy moments.


The weekend before my exam week, my mum surprised me with a picked rose whilst I was studying for my Functions and Relations exam. She told me to keep it close and whenever I got too stressed out to take a whiff of this fragrant bud. The little reminder to smell the roses every once in awhile was much appreciated.


Being sick this past Friday night (and the whole week...) meant a hot cup of lemon balm and honey tea, with extra honey, and a surprise Caramilk bar followed by listening to music on the couch. It seems that a surprise never fails to brighten my mood. 


Today on the beach I spent more time than I would care to admit constructing this magnificent sand "castle" (moat, trap door, and shell-topped-roof included) for fun and as proof that you are never too old to play in the sand.


No comments:

Post a Comment