Thursday, June 21, 2012

When the sun has set, no candle can replace it.

Today was the day that I had to return to school to obtain my marks and next years schedule. Now, my marks aren't as good as they were last semester but I am happy with them. I am not disappointed in myself in the least and I feel good. I have had to sort out my priorities a little this semester and perhaps that has taken from my marks but the goals I strived towards for my exams, I made! Of course there are going to be the thoughts that if I had done better on this or that I could have a better average but I can honestly say that I gave it my all this year, and looking at my marks, it has paid off for me. 

After getting my marks, I realized how amazing my teachers truly are. I had a teacher go above and beyond the call of duty today and it has made me prouder than ever to go to my school.

It was a scorcher in my town today--reaching 32 degrees--so my dad, my brother, and I met up at the lake and went for a swim to cool off before having a BBQ at home. It was one of those days that absolutely drains you, purely because of the heat and sun exposure. My skin still feels clammy after nine o'clock and I feel exhausted but I am finishing today at my dining room table with my laptop. One of my favourite things to do lately has been to edit my short story at this table near sunrise or sunset. The beauty of the sky offers the perfect view to gaze into as I decipher where Annabelle will go next. Of course, burning candles always prove to be the perfect companion for this journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment