Tuesday, November 13, 2012

What Is Irking Me at the Moment...

Recently, I just haven't made the time to write anything besides school work, and while Annabelle curls in the corner neglected, I decided I would break my accidental sabbatical by a rant. Yes, very deep, I know. Whilst I was in French class today, I realized one things that really angers me. To put it in layman's terms, I cannot stand when someone will take an insignificant situation, and use depressed to describe the emotions concerning said event.

E.g.--Say you are really tired and you forget to do your homework, saying "This is so depressing" you are incorrectly using the word depress in my mind.

There are individuals out there who struggle daily to find the urge and willpower to get out of bed--they are depressed. By referring to some, seemingly, infinitesimal event as depressing, you are lowering the seriousness of their situation, and making them feel insignificant.

No comments:

Post a Comment