Monday, March 4, 2013

Start of March Break

I love watching the snow fall, and I love that my cats are just as fascinated by it as me. There is something relaxing about waking up before everyone else in the house and watching the the snow. It's peaceful. It seems to me that everyone is anxiously awaiting spring, but personally, I love it when winter lingers. I mean the harsh, bitter wind can be annoying at times, but the thought of a cup of hot chocolate always soothes my anger towards Mother Nature.

I find it unfortunate that people have this stigma that winter has to be a season of lassitude. But I suppose that's one of the things I love about it. It's quiet. No one really wants to venture out into this picturesque weather unless they "have to". That leads to empty streets and emptier sidewalks; as an introvert, what more could I want?

Maybe I am all alone in this category, but I find something magical about winter. Maybe it's the spirit of Christmas that remains in the air after all the decorations are packed away, or maybe it's a figment of my imagination. But those little fluffy bits of white hitting the icy streets are enough to put my mind at ease for now. For now at least, I'll be calm and happy and I'll hope that Ottawa promises the same snowy days.

No comments:

Post a Comment