Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010.

It's new years eve! Finally! I can say with all my heart that I have been waiting for this day for awhile. 2010, while holding some memories I will cherish all my life, was not the best year for me. Neither was the end of 2009 to be honest but with my exchange right around the corner I will be leaving for three months very soon! 2011 will include some big changes for me, I will be moving away from home to a town I have never seen, it will be the end of my grade ten year and the start of my eleventh. All in all I am very excited for the clock to strike twelve. I know that I am taking this whole new year thing very serious when really it's just another day, the only factor that makes it any different is that little one being added to the end of our year instead of a zero. And of course our mindset. Our mindset has a huge factor in all the things we think the new year will bring. That's what new years is all about for me, the symbolism behind it. Now I could talk about the symbolism behind new years forever and I am sure a lot of people can, probably better then I can in fact but to me it means new beginnings, it means that regardless of what happened this past year, I survived. I am coming out battered and bloody with scars that cover me and still twinge to touch but I am coming out of it alive with the hopes that the new year will bring me the hope and time to heal my wounds. New years means different things to everyone but that is what it means to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment