Friday, November 11, 2011

11/11/11 at 11:11

The countdown is on. Today is my birthday, sweet sixteen to be exact, so tonight at 11:11 I will be blowing out my candles and making the most, "epic-est" wish of all time.

Today has been such a great day, it has been wonderful! Even though some moments were...less than lovely, as in, Tom forgot to wish me a Happy Birthday, Herb was all pissy and put me in a bad mood and my shoulder is killing me, when I think about the good things it was a great birthday. My friend Jeff said to me something pretty corny, but something really sweet, today as we walked through the rain, I told him about how the weather is always terrible on my birthday, today it rained all day and was quite windy, pretty miserable. He said, it doesn't matter, all that matters is who you spend it with! It was very sweet of him and it earned a big aww and a hug from me!

Honestly, I can't believe I am now sixteen, it's crazy to think of how much I waited for this day to come and now, it's finally here. And almost over.

I have been through hell this week because of swim practices, I even had to go swim on my birthday. And ya, I got punched in the face in water polo and my nose kinda hurts, ya my shoulder burns and I have a meet tomorrow, and ya I have eaten way to much cake today but I am frickin' sixteen now! It kind of is a great way to end the week. I have so many lovely friends who are so kind to me, all the time, but today was special. Last night I went out to dinner with Tom, Sarah and Shantel and we had such a great time. Today I went spent the morning with my mum, we went to the ceremonies before going home and just hanging out. Then I went to swim, Sarah baked me a cake, with Physics notes all over it and Alyssa made me a GIANT chocolate chip cookie and Ally made me a lovely card.

I am having a party tomorrow but I am proud to say that on an A/T graph (Anna/Time Graph) my position is now 16 and my displacement is unknown. :)

This post is very birthday themed and very happy and although my birthday is very important to me, obviously. I share my birthday with a very important holiday, Remberance Day. My great-grandfather fought in WW2 and survived. He passed away over a year ago now but Rememberance Day will always be close to my heart. I believe that it is important to remember those who fought for our freedom and willingly risked their life, mind and appendages. They were brave men and women who I am forever indebted and thankful to.

No comments:

Post a Comment