Thursday, September 6, 2012

Senior year and the end of summer

Today was my last first day of high school, ever. I started senior year and after two months of worrying and two wrong schedules, everything is finally in order. This morning my teacher didn't hand me my schedule right away and I thought he was just joking when he started making inquisitive faces and muttering, "what?" because he knew how stressed out I was. It turned out he was not joking and that I had only been assigned one period instead of five for my first semester... But he called the office for me and I met with our lovely vice-principal who was very sweet and patient with me while we worked it out. A lot of my courses are level one and also in the same time slot so that initially posed a large problem. However, the option of online courses and independent studies were available to me and now I can take the courses I need for university!

This year will definitely be an emotional one for, during out welcome assembly I believe they mentioned seniors, last year, and graduating about fifty times. I will admit I was tearing up...

The summer feels as if it passed so quickly, yet exam week feels months ago. I am so excited for my courses, as well as very nervous, but I think I am taking it all in stride. I spent the last month of summer up at the Rock with my Gram which was an amazing opportunity. The town was small, the people not always nice,  but the time spent with my grandmother was all worth it. I didn't do much except read and write, which wasn't exactly a bad thing. I thought moving up there would help distract my mind from the things that have been going on, but unfortunately that was not the case. It actually gave me even more time to think which was very counter-productive. It's was pretty difficult seeing him in school today, and I stumbled across some of our old messages but I'm optimistic that it will get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment