Friday, December 21, 2012

It is Christmas Once More

Today was the last day of classes before Christmas break and the thought of an 18 day break is wonderful; I am so excited not to wake up at 6am for the next couple of weeks. I have curled up in my fuzzy Christmas blanket, taken copious amounts of the Christmas-ness around me, and now I am debating what to do next. There are two Christmas stories that I have been "writing" for the last two years now: every year I always say that I will finish it, but I never seem to. I am not setting the unrealistic goal of finishing these story/novellas with only four days left until Christmas, but I would definitely like to keep working on them. It is always a struggle to remind myself to get the words down and then go from there. You can edit bad writing, but you cannot edit a blank page. In saying that, I guess I will procrastinate for another ten minutes, because I have really been wanting to answer the questions to one of those Christmas tags floating around. I figured it would be a cute way to document my Christmas sentiments this year...

1. What is your favourite holiday movie?
         This is a really hard question, because I love any cheesy, feel-good, Hallmark Christmas movie! However, you cannot beat the classics: I am talking Charlie Brown's Christmas, the cartoon versions of Frosty the Snowman, Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer, and How the Grinch Stole Christmas, The Polar Express is a newer movie that I really enjoy as well. 

2. What is your favourite Christmas colour(s)?
         Again, I'm a classics type of girl; I love red, green, and gold!

3. Do you like to stay in your pjs or dress up for Christmas?
         While I open my presents I am still in my pjs, then my mum cooks up a large breakfast once everything has been opened. I usually don't get dressed until it is time to head over to my dad's house around noon. 

4. If you could only buy one person a present this year, who would it be?
            I love giving presents so it is hard to pick only one person out of my family and friends...I think I would have to choose my best friend, because she has had a very rough year and deserves a pick-me-up.

5. Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
            When I was younger, I was always allowed to open one present one Christmas Eve, but now that I'm older that tradition has died away, so they all get opened on Christmas morning. 

6. Did you ever believe in Santa Claus as a child?
             Of course!

7. Have you ever built a gingerbread house?
              Not for a few years, but in the past I have.

8. Any Christmas wishes?
              That next year at university will be a good one (and generally a healthy one for all as well) and I will get the job I just applied for!

9. Favourite Christmas smell?
                Christmas to me is a variety of scents; it is a turkey roasting in the oven, the sweet smell of balsam, cinnamon and nutmeg, the warmth of vanilla, the smell of wood burning in the crisp winter air. It is one large combination of scents from my childhood. 

10. Favourite Christmas meal or treat?
                Definitely the chocolates that always seem to pop up, and my memere's cookies. Delicious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment