Monday, December 31, 2012

How I Fared with My Goals of 2012...


So, one year ago (give or take) I wrote a list of 21 things I wanted to complete before the end of the year. Then I promptly forgot about this list for most of the year and I have come to realize that to accomplish something...it helps to remember that something(s).

1. Finish Physics with at least a 90. --Finished with an 89 and a 98 on the exam, and that is close enough for me--
2. Speak one complete sentence in German in Germany, and get in on tape.
3. Speak one complete sentence in Spanish in Spain, and get it on tape.
4. Speak one complete sentence in Italian in Italy, and get it on tape.
5. Get my poem published in my District's Journal, or try harder next year.
6. Only submit my essay into the Turning Points competition if I am proud of it. --And got it published--
7. Have a lunch of pizza & gelato in the streets of Italy with my friends. --Solitary moments are my fondest--
8. Dance with a Spanish boy in Spain. --Does dancing next to count?--
9. Get a new ear piercing abroad. FAILED TO DO...
10. Receive high honours on all of my exams. WILL NEVER KNOW...
11. Finish grade eleven with at least a 92% average.
12. Visit Rebecca during the summer./Return to St-Raymond.
13. Travel to Ottawa by train. I GOT SPENCE FIXED AND DE-WORMED INSTEAD
14. Visit Carleton's campus. SAME AS ABOVE...
15. Get a job. --Security job at the theatre counts!--
16. Get my permit, then my license. BUT I DID JUST BUY THE HANDBOOK...
17. Buy a car. WITH WHAT MONEY??
18. Get Spencer fixed.
19. Kick ass in the 2012 swim season. --Mission. Accomplished.--
20. Heal my shoulder 100%. CANNOT ACHIEVE THE IMPOSSIBLE...BUT I'VE HEALED IT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE...
21. Actually finish writing a complete novel, not story, admit it, N-O-V-E-L. UHH, NO.

I may not have accomplished all my goals, I am quite proud with how I fared. 13/21...err, right. Maybe I should explain on the goals I failed to do?

Get a new piercing abroad: The only piercing place I could find was on my last night in Barcelona; it was located in someone's apartment on the second floor and looked quite shoddy, so I passed...I kind of regret it now.
Receive high honours on all of my exams: I don't get my exams back, and never got to check the marks.
Travel to Ottawa by train/Visit Carleton's campus: I took the train to Quebec but didn't have enough money to continue to Ottawa, because I had to pay for Spencer to get neutered.
Get my permit, then my license: Again, a money thing, but I did buy the Driver's Handbook and will be taking my permit test before winter vacation is over!
Buy a car: Yeah...I must have thought I was going to win the lottery or something.
Actually finish writing a complete novel: Well, I definitely had large aspirations. I did get a very good dent into the novel I started last year though!

No comments:

Post a Comment