Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My Goals for 2013

Even though this didn't work out wonderfully last year, I figured that I would try to make a list of goals for 2013, hoping that maybe this time I will remember what I wrote.

  1. Find a nice (and inexpensive) one bedroom apartment in Ottawa/Gatineau
  2. Get a tattoo
  3. Graduate high school with an overall average between 93-96
  4. Finally receive my permit 
  5. Spend more time with Rebecca
  6. Celebrate my birthday with a glass of mulled wine
  7. Come home for the holidays
  8. Make my apartment completely "me", with a set of bookshelves flanking a workspace
  9. Read more classics
  10. Explore Ottawa...
  11. Find a new second hand book store in Ottawa to take the place Loyalist City Coins and Books
  12. Buy a bicycle
  13. Work on The Search for Home
  14. Spend quiet evenings focusing on relaxation and detachment when I move out
  15. Write more short stories
  16. Edit my writing more
  17. Get a new piercing
  18. Do well in my first semester of university
  19. Visit more city parks 
  20. Celebrate the end of high school with no inhibitions...to a reasonable extent!

I am thinking that it might be a bit interesting to keep this list close and write a post when I complete a goal on this list. It was a lot harder to write of goals I want to reach this year than it was last year. I suppose since I don't have a humongous trip looming on the horizon, and I have already received some of the best news ever (my acceptance into Carleton), things are looking up right now. I have more aspirations for the new year than goals, things I hope to do and hope I continue to do...we'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment