Monday, August 9, 2010

New Prompts...

So recently I googled "writing prompts" and I found this prompt.

Prompt 95: List 31 simple pleasures. Every day for 4 weeks, write about one pleasure for five minutes.

This website has over 300 prompts for you to choose from, 346 to be exact, and all of them are different, creative ways to get you writing. Now, I saw the selection the had and I was floored, I didn't know which one to choose! So I randomly scrolled over number 95 and now I'm glad I did. I think this excercise will be a great way to recognize all the simple things in life that we all enjoy! It's a great way to stop being so vain and worrying about all the wrong things! Although, I might not follow the 5 minute rule. As soon as I start writing, it's hard for me to stop until I'm finished. So having a time limit to get what I want to say across won't work! So I decided to start this prompt today, hopefully I will be finished around the first of school and I will share a select few prompts with you! Today I think my simple pleasure will be...writing, because it is literally the simplest thing you can do. All you need is a pen and paper, or a computer. Plus, it's my favorite thing to do!

So, what about you? What are your simple pleasures in life? Something you enjoy to do with friends, by yourself or on a rainy day?? Comment and let me know!

You can visit the website I mentioned in this post at http://www.creativewritingprompts.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment