Friday, August 20, 2010

Simple Pleasures Prompt!

So I will fully admit that I am horrible with updating this blog...I try, I really do but whenever I am on the computer something else always seems to catch my eye...I apologize. Hopefully once school starts updates will come more frequently and regularly! I will have to make a schedule where I will update my blog at least once a week. It gives me creative freedom where I can express myself instead of being trapped my the walls of a specific plot which recently is what has been happening to me! So on with the Simple Pleasures Prompt which I mentioned in my last post back around the first of August. Now I won't lie, I have not been doing this daily like the prompt calls for...it's terrible to admit that I can't even spare 10 minutes in my day for the prompt! I have just been so busy with life, now that summer is coming to an end I have been trying to get out as much as I can before the colder weather comes back! So hopefully I will finish this prompt soon, I might have to take the time to write a couple prompts a day because as it's looking write now I won't finish in the month that was planned! So I will remind you of the rules of the Simple Pleasures Prompt and then start writing!

Prompt 95: List 31 simple pleasures. Every day for 4 weeks, write about one pleasure for five minutes.

The simple pleasure I'll be writing about is: Silence

Silence is something that none of us really think of, unless you live in a house where it never is silent. Where there is always someone screaming or a t.v. is blaring, phones are ringing. When the only time it is silent is when it is two in the morning and you are still up writing away on your computer. You get where I'm coming from? Unless you deal with this you never will understand the true beauty of silence, however I bet most of us have been in the situation where you are ready to slam your head against the wall for some peace and quiet. It happens to me daily. Sometimes you just can't take anymore.

Then there comes the time where everything around you is silent. It might be that you are home alone, or it is late at night and you are the only person insane enough to be still up. Whatever the reason is, silence is a simple pleasure. It is sometimes a rare occurence and whenever the noise finally quiets down I relish it. Who knows when it will happen next? So I close my eyes and just relax, let my mind drift...I enjoy it throughly because I know that the next thing I know all the noise will start back up and all will be back to normal.

Silence, I love it! At the moment however, I am getting none of it. I hear my brother and his girlfriend yelling at each other in the next room and I am trying to drown them out with my radio. Which in short, is not working. So it was a little hard to write about silence when I can barely remember what it is like.

Just a heads up, now that I am looking over the list I made it seems that it turned into 31 Things Anna loves. However I think that's okay so I will not be changing my list. :)

I hope you all are having a wonderful Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment