Monday, April 16, 2012

A Bundle of Nerves and Excitement

So, once again I have another wonderful opportunity to be thankful and grateful for. I was presented with the chance to go to a writing workshop for two days, during which we will each create our own little short "murder mystery" story and have authors there who will help us. I only found out today and the workshop starts tomorrow so it is completely last notice, for that reason I was really humming and hawing about the whole deal, especially with the prospect of missing two days of school. I am still nervous about missing school because I seem to be missing a lot lately for school activities but as a friend put it, Chemistry that you will never use again or your career. Because let's face it, she was right, this is what I want to do, not working out equations.

I am beyond happy to be going to this workshop and am over the moon that there will be two authors there who will help us. On the other hand, as usual, I am distraught at the thought that they will actually be reading my work. I mean, what if they don't like it? Does that mean I suck? Everyone has different tastes so even if they don't like it, that doesn't mean it is terrible, does it? I am pretty much a complete wreck, a bundle of nerves and excitement, waiting with baited breath for tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment