Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter

I hate holidays. All they are is an excuse for families who do not get along to come together and pretend to be happy and loving but above all, unbelievably phony. I am sick of the awkward dinners I have sat through fuming because I would legitimately kill to be anywhere else. I am sick of the fighting. I am sick of the drinking. I am tired of becoming depressed during a time when you are supposed to be happy, but what else is new?

I just want them to be over. I want people to be honest. No, I don't like you and you bug me. How hard is that? It just seems that every holiday lately has been tainted by some dark cloud. Whether it be a fight that has taken place or someone who has taken one too many sips from the bottle. It is so frustrating, I love these people, some days, deep down, but traits of their personalities make my teeth grind and my blood boil. A day that started off so well has once again come to a startling halt. Snow and cupcakes have been overshadowed by the same familial problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment