Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Getting Away Up North

I have never really posted about my trip to Quebec but already I have my bags packed again. This time for a little bit of a longer get-away to my grandmother's for the rest of the summer. I am looking forward to the stress-free situation very much, almost as much as spending time with my ninety year old great-grammie who currently lives alone. I come from a line of very independent women as I have an eighty-something nanny leaving in the same area alone as well.

I suppose this proves how unlike I am from the normal teenage girl. I am willingly giving up the majority of my summer to move to a small town (where there is nothing really to do) just to keep my grammie company. But I don't find anything wrong with that and am quite proud. The one thing that I will miss more than anything is my cat, I feel so guilty for leaving Spencer here for a whole month defenceless...

I have my suitcase half packed (quite literally) with books though, so I am sure that I will keep busy in my favourite way. Hopefully, I will get some writing down as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment