Monday, July 23, 2012

More books?

Quite a bit has happened recently but it wasn't the semi-impromptu visit to Quebec that I decided to write a post about finally, no it was the realization that my local Dollar Store sells books. I always knew that they sold children's books and crossword books but when I had a peek at the bottom shelf tonight I saw hard cover "grown-up" books. For. Two. Dollars.

* Insert embarrassing dance and squeal emitted by me in the kids aisle. *

I narrowed my selections down to only two novels because my dad was the one buying them; I ended up choosing Juliet, Naked by Nick Hornby and Dracula: The Un-Dead by Dacre Stoker and Ian Holt. After a quick Goodreads search Juliet, Naked seems promising but unfortunately Dracula: The Un-Dead had an abundance of poor reviews and one stars. I still have my fingers crossed however because everyone enjoys different literature.

I love a good deal on books and for two dollars each, you can't really go wrong. And this doesn't even conflict with the semi-book ban I had put myself on because these books were purchased for less than 5% of the original cover value. Yup, I am very okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment