Saturday, February 19, 2011

inspiration for a rainy day

So while I was checking for new posts and reading over my ever lengthening list of daily must read blogs, I know a tad obsessed but some of them really do update every day... Anyways, I noticed that a lot of blogs have little things that they post weekly, or if not weekly, semi-regularly. Ie: cupcakesandcashmere has her 5 Things, dutchessroz has Happy Hump Day, etc. So me, ever the one to be thinking of ideas to get me posting regularly thought, "Wouldn't it be great if I thought of a cool idea like that!" But never wanted to copy someone I was quickly stumped to think of something that wasn't a complete rip off of my favorite blogs, stumped and for once unimaginative I left the idea to simmer away on my back burner so to speak. Alas, it must be five hours later and here I am! With a, dare I say, brillant idea! At least to me...

It was while I was naming a current album "Inspiration for a Rainy Day" that it hit me! I am always finding images, quotes, song lyrics that inspire me to do something, whether it be the urge to fulfill every moment I have or to write a long original story or to simply dream and decorate in my head my dream house! So I think this little "Inspiration for a Rainy Day" series is just perfect for me and my character. Anything might be listed here, most likely pictures but those pictures could be absolutely anything! Sunsets, gardens, stone bridges, stone castles. Or maybe something as simple and a delicate flower in a field of grass. It could by a picture of a white background with simple black lettering spelling out a quote that moved me that day. Anything at all is what I am trying to tell in case you haven't quite got that.

Now I don't really want to set a fixed day that I will do these types of posts, because you knows when you will get hit with the inspiration bug! In my head I can imagine myself thinking of inspirational things everyday, why I already listed quite a few already! But realistically I do not want my blog to be ONLY about what I am finding inspirational at the moment, not that that is a bad thing it is just that I want my blog to be about everything and anything I want it to be! Whether it be a book I love, something that has gotten under my skin, whatever, I want to feel free to write it here. And I don't have the time to write an inspirational post everyday while also writing 2-3 other posts weekly! Plus I don't want these posts to just be about something that I found pretty, but something that really inspired me. So I love the idea of putting these up sometime during the week, just as a pick me up but...I like the idea of putting them up on the weekend even more. Originally (at the start of this post) I imagined putting them up Saturdays because I thought of this idea on a Saturday! But I think I like the idea of putting them up on a Sunday morning instead.

So Sunday mornings it is! Every Sunday morning expect me to write up a (quick) post about something that had inspired me throughout the week, starting tomorrow I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment