Wednesday, March 9, 2011

HAUL TIME

Chocolate and candy haul time that is! ;) These are some of the goodies I picked up on my trip into Quebec City yesterday!
Look at those delicious goodies!




Which came in this pretty burgandy bag, although I am a little disappointed that it didn't have a pretty emblem on it! Oh well, that's just me...



First off the bat is this giant 100g Milk Chocolate bar I got for only 3.50$CAN.
Since taking these pictures a yesterday afternoon I have had a square of this chocolate bar and I must say that it is delicious!






Alright here we have these little rectangular Cafe-Tasse 9g Belgium chocolates for 2.95$CAN. Starting in the top left corner and going clockwise we have, Noir (min. 60%), Noir The Earl Grey (min. 60%), Noir Orange (min. 60%) and last but not least Extra Noir (min. 77%).

Now I suppose if you do not like dark chocolate then these really aren't the chocolates for you and I must admit I was never a big dark chocolate eater either but after having a little sliver of both the Noir & Noir The Earl Grey I might be hooked! These don't compare in the least to chocolate you can pick up in your local supermarket. Maybe it is the fact that they are imported from Belgium or the gorgeous packaging but the tiny bits I had were delicious! The best part? A little bit of dark chocolate a day is said to be good for your health so go ahead and indulge! It's for your health. ;)



Next is this 50g Walkers' Creamy Toffee in Original for 1.30$CAN (!).
Really, need I elborate? Really!? I also had a square of this (1/6th) and I must say it is heaven. The only words that really came to mind was "Oh my god!". Honestly, THAT good. Although just looking at the "Made with Whole Milk and Butter" makes my jeans feel a little tighter. ;) Surprisingly for the whole bar (50g) it has 240 cal. which isn't the healthiest but that's around the same as your favorite chocolate bar from the supermarket!




This is just a little square of caramel that was only 0.25$CAN (25 cents people!) so I had to buy it just to try! Not sure of the grams amount though...
I also ate this, it seems as if I have eaten EVERYTHING but I swear besides this I only had little sliver of my other treats! I was curious! This was yummy but surprising! I was expecting this to be more of a hard candy but it was actually quite soft!





Here is the last item I bought and I have to be outright about this, I bought this purely because of the packaging! I had no clue what "chocolate con leche" meant until after I got home! (For reference it means milk chocolate in Spanish). Luckily I have no regrets, and with chocolate is there really any way to have regrets? This is also the one thing I haven't tried!
It is imported from Spain and is 18g of Simon Coll chocolate for 1.30$CAN.
This is probably my favorite purchases for the sole reason of the packaging. I love the lettering and all the details in Spanish along with the huge boat that adorn the front! I am a self-confessed sucker for packaging! I tried to capture it on my camera but I am afraid you can't really see how pretty it really is!

Now if you have been attentive and are good at math then you probably would of guessed that I got this lot of chocolate and candies for a shocking 10.60$CAN. Maybe it is just me but I think that is a good deal! And for the quality of the chocolate I am happily surprised! I know this post is extremely long and is ALL about food, or more precisely chocolate and candies, can you tell I have a sweet tooth?

All of this was bought at Les Chocolats Favoris, 32 Rue Begin in Levis Quebec, parking is around back on rue Saint-Thomas. Levis is just across the river from Quebec city and I must say Vieux-Levis is beautiful! You also have a beautiful view of the Chateau Frontenac if you go to the balconies at the top of the hill! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment