Saturday, March 5, 2011

the nights the lights went out in georgia

So today really didn't lead to anything very interesting. I declined an invitation to the movies and instead choose to watch a peewee hockey game (ending score was 5-5) which in all honesty, I prefered. I love going to the cinema and watching movies but you have to be in the mood you know? Today I was much rather in the mood to go cheer on St-Raymond's peewee team then sit in a dark room! :)

So after watching the game I came back home and settled into bed with my laptop and a fuzzy blanket content on spending the rest of the afternoon doing nothing of importance! I did just that too, for about 2.5 hours THEN out of nowheres the power went out! (Hence the ame of this post though I assure you, no one died...neither am I in georgia, I just started singing that song while think of a tittle for this post...) So anyways it was really scary! Here I am sitting in bed, in the BASEMENT and the power goes off! Then it came back on, stayed for a few minutes and then shut back off! This happened once more before it finally stayed off and then I was in pure blackness with only my computer as a light!

Now I wasn't sure why the power had went out so I was planning on staying put until they came back on, I was too scared to start wondering around a house that isn't mine in pitch blackness! Thankfully Line soon came down to rescue me with a candle in her hand. After I found out why the power had gone out (the rain, I wasn't even aware it was storming!) and I was with someone I wasn't too scared anymore. Then Line and I sat at the dining room table and played solitare by candlelight until the lights came back on!

So today was a pretty boring day but I thought that the power going out made it a wee bit exciting enough for a post! Lol...maybe not. However I will a more interesting post up tomorrow for my inspiration for a rainy days series. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment