Saturday, December 31, 2011

Another Year Ending

And so 2011 comes to a close. It's crazy, especially considering that I still write 200- before realizing my mistake. Let me just say this to get it out of the way, I in no way believe in the foolishness that states that 2012 is the end of the world. That being said, I can't help but wonder what the new year will bring.

In all honesty, I don't know if I could have imagined myself where I am right now at the beginning of 2011. It seems like so far away but as if 2010 was only yesterday. Confusing how much life is an oxymoron isn't it?

Two thousand and twelve will hold a lot of lasts for me, as well as firsts I am sure. In a short year I will be wrapping up my life in here and preparing to move away for university. Regardless of the fact-that I have come to terms with, expectant and waiting even-it still seems as if it is creeping up over my shoulder.

The coming year scares me, I won't lie. I will have to give it my all. When I send out my transcipts to universities, these are the days they will see, this upcoming year will decide where my future take me. A little stressful if you ask me. I have so many big plans for this 2012; Italy & Spain in March, I want to enter a writing competition and I want to travel to Ottawa this summer. Who knows if I will accomplish those last two but if I can get to Europe, why the hell not?


This year has been a crazy one, it feels as if it was forever ago I was living in Quebec, not just the beginning of this year. I still miss it out there but it served its purpose for me, it taught and showed me so many things. Rebecca is and will be a best friend for life and I miss her like crazy, as well as everyone else in St-Raymond. This year has helped me come to terms with myself and helped me make decisions for myself and not just everyone else. Thinking back to how I started high school it is crazy how much I have changed...but my dreams remain big and the same. With persistance and determination one can accomplish anything, right?


While I have bittersweet feelings about 2011 coming to a close I truly believe that what remains around the corner will be even greater. I will always have the amazing memories to look back on from this year, as well as many photographs. With that being said, I can't help but say full steam ahead for 2012. Time slows down for no one, it will always march on. So, I guess it is with baited breath that I wait and see if this new year will match my expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment