Tuesday, December 13, 2011

christmastime means something more

So with the sound of five new born kittens I settle down to write this blog posts. That's right, Oreo had her kittens the night before last on the eleventh, there are five of them and they are still so tiny! I had forgotten how small they are when they are first born, what with Spencer still being a kitten in my eyes and now he weighs more and is double the size of Oreo.

Today I set up the tree at Herb's and signed loads of cards but for some reason felt very out of touch of the holiday cheer. Odd, I know, especially coming from me but Herb was very non-christmas-y today and was generally an old grouch so I guess that wouldn't help anyone's Christmas cheer. Hopefully having his tree set up will help him think of the true meaning of Christmas, the memories from times spent in Christmases past with family and friends, not the artificial, commercialized side of things.

I suppose my doctor's appointment today didn't help matters much either. The doctor examined my shoulder and the pain in it has migrated mostly...well everywhere. However the main point of main has moved from lower on the front of my shoulder onto the top of my shoulder and she mentioned my AC joint which hopefully will only be a grade I or maximum II, I did have to go get a few x-rays done though so I guess I will know more when they return. For now however she prescribed me Naprosyn and told me to go see a Physiotherapist. I am really not looking forward to seeing a physiotherapist because even the little examination she did today on my shoulder has limited my range of motion considerably, which is a lot considering I don't have full range of motion even if no one has examined it. It also has quite the dull ache going on...

Anyways, enough boring depressing things about my stupid shoulder, hopefully everything will heal perfectly and I will be able to get back into the pool to train so I can kick ass next season. Tomorrow, my plans to go Christmas shopping are still on and I have made yet another list, I believe I am on #3 or 4 now? Regardless, I just know I will forget something. My main concern right now is getting everything that I need to mail out together, I just know that I won't get them there by Christmas, at least that is what my panicked-self is thinking. Whatever, if they don't get it then it will make for an awesome after Christmas gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment