Monday, December 5, 2011

simply having a wonderful christmastime

I am currently here laying with the only cat who continues to lay with me, Spencer, in my fuzzy, oversized pajama pants with a long sleeved henley shirt on. I am sweating my ass off and I haven't even gotten under the covers yet. But it is December dammit and it is time for long, fleece pajamas. Regardless of what global warming would like to do. I really don't understand how people can travel to someplace hot during the holidays. I mean if that it all you know I can understand it, but for me it isn't the holidays unless it is well below zero and you can see your breath in front of you. Anyways...

I really wanted to post everyday in December but unfortunately I just do NOT think that will work out, considering I have already missed three days. I will put it down as being very busy and exhausted! All the time.

I put some of the Christmas lights up around the stairs on Saturday which took me most of the afternoon because they didn't come assembled! Literally, the cord with all wrapped up nice and neat and the bulbs were off to the other side of the box!! So I had to plop on down on my deck, the one day it actually was quite nippy outside, and screw in all 50 lightbulbs. Sigh...on the plus side, it looks beautiful and makes me happy.

I still haven't finished Christmas shopping because I am broke until Wednesday but I have most of what I am buying for everyone planned out. And Tom's present came today!! The first time I have ever ordered online so it was a little nerve wracking but all I have to do is go pick it up from the post office tomorrow. So excited for Christmas, it's getting so close! I have my baking list all written out and am getting very antsy to start baking! I bought adorable Christmas tins this year so I might talk to Tom about going halfers on the ingredients and then we can just hand out tinned baked goods as presents to the rest of the family. Regardless I know I will be handing them out to a few people as gifts and am even pondering the idea of giving them to teachers....?

No comments:

Post a Comment