Friday, December 23, 2011

santa claus is coming to town!

This morning I awoke to my dad running in my room yelling, "Anna! Anna! Get up!". I thought someone had died or the house was on fire the way he was acting about but then he told me that there was snow outside! I assure you my response mirrored his, I scrambled to my window and just watched the snow with Spencer, singing White Christmas until my alarm went off. My first thought when I saw the snow was, Santa does exist! All week all I have been asking for is snow!It is still snowing outside and it is the pristine, perfect, movie-like kind of snow. All day it has been a mixture of great big flakes and tiny petite flakes. Thankfully today was a half day and we didn't do much except in Physics, I couldn't contain my excitement at all.

Sarah, Shantel and I exchanged Christmas presents today and I gave Kaela her present. Sarah loved her jar of little quotes and we were both fighting back tears, especially since she saw the doctor last night and was prescribed anti-depressants...off topic but she also loved the CD I made her. She gave me some yummy Christmas scented lotion, lip balm and shower gel from Yves Rocher. The first two night huntress novels and a new HP book mark because Spencer wrecked my old one! Along with that she bought me cute Parisien earrings, a collar for Spencer, a new cat toy for him, play doh (!), quite scrapbooking stickers and many cute little gifts, she really did spoil me. I suppose though I spoiled her as well!

Shantel bought me the Scottish smut that I had asked her to, it is set in Inverness so I am excited to read that over Christmas break. She bought me two candles and a candle in a Christmas mug! The Christmas mug is so cute and I will use it for sure after I burn the candle. She picked up the skirt that she had told me about and I am trying to figure out a way to wear it for Christmas Eve, it is a mixture of purple and gray so I am confused on how to style it... She also got me some awesome Leafs gloves! Which I love!

Solange sent me a card with a 10$ Tim card in it and I am bummed that I didn't send out there cards yet! I probably won't get around to it until after Christmas unfortunately, however, better late than never! As well I received my package from Scotland! I love it! I won MPVT's Christmas contest and it was there waiting for me when I got home, it is packed full of cute Christmas goodies and I already broke into the chocolate but am saving the rest to open on Christmas morning!

I still have to knit Mum's scarf, which I know I won't finish, but I am planning on just wrapping it unfinished to show her. Today was a great day and with the snow it is finally feeling like Christmas, I think I am going to go have some soup now and cook some gingerbread and butter cookies. 'Tis the season for giving my friends. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment