Sunday, October 16, 2011

dreaming of the future

Lately the urge to have my own apartment has been growing huge, I have periods like this where I just want to move out and furnish my own place. My daydreams are occupied with my first holidays at my own place and how I would decorate, where I would put everything. I love design so maybe that has something to do with it. I recently found Pinterest so here are some images from there that I have been loving that are related to interior decoration:



(I love the love of a white palette, it just looks so clean and fresh, however I don't think I could ever stick to a white colour scheme in my own house.)


(This. Now this is something I can see working perfectly in my own home, one drawback: I wouldn't be able to walk up the stairs or by them without stopping to read!)




(I love this. When I get my own place a mantle is a must so I can decorate it for different seasons and holidays, I love everything about this look!)




(I love how the fireplace is located right next to the dining room, I also love the mis-mash of chairs and the bench.)




(If I had a light, airy bedroom I would love to recreate this! I have actually been toying with the idea of a boxed frame bed but right now, I love my white iron bed too much..)



Although I love the white clean palette I think that when I move out I will turn to a monochromatic colour scheme. Black, greys, white and silvers with little touches of burgandy and plum thrown in!



The ache for home lives in all of us, the safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned. Maya Angelou

No comments:

Post a Comment