Saturday, October 8, 2011

heatwave-maritime style.

So I-as well as everyone who pays attention to the news-has been hearing about the heatwave that was all the rage over in the UK for the past week or so. I never thought it would get here...granted it has only been one day and I suspect it won't last for much longer than two days but still! It's October! I am someone who l-o-v-e-s fall. Fall and winter are easily my favorite seasons by far for many reasons but I won't get into that now.

I wasso excited that it was finally October and the temperature dropped. I put the fleece sheets on my bed, have been lighting all my candles, bought a new winter coat and I even started knitting a chunky dark grey scarf. So you can imagine my dismay that when I finally finish my scarf...we have 24 degree weather celcius outside. I mean come one Mother Nature! I am sure that many people are beyond ecstatic with the news of this small heatwave but I just can't find it in me. :(

Alright-rant over. Now it's time for me to do something with my day! Yesterday was my true day off during which I did absolutely nothing but surf the web and knit. Today however I have some serious making up to do because of that slack day. I have four projects I have to work on and also I have to make a trip to the mall to pick up my wonderful mummy some birthday presents!

No comments:

Post a Comment