Monday, October 10, 2011

thankgiving weekend.

So the lovely thanksgiving weekend is now wrapping up, we also celebrated my mum's forty eighth birthday today! It's been a great weekend full of family and food, I really have so many things to be thankful for. :) One thing that has not been good this weekend, for me anyways, is the weather! For everyone else it was beautiful we had weather around 20 degrees+ the whole weekend...ya. I love fall to death, mentioned this before, but I just really want to wear my sweaters and knits and scarfs! I think it is ridiculous if you are going to get your Thankgiving veggies from the stalls and you are sweating your face off in jeans and a long sleeve shirt. :( I wasn't happy...

That is why actually I want to write this post, an inspiration for a rainy day on a monday! Because I just want it to be fall! This week is all supposed to be sunny until wednesday and then rain thursday and friday. Let's hope for some windchill tomorrow and wednesday, but here we go onto my inspiration lately:



(I love this little girl! She is so cute and I can so imagine dressing my little girl in this before telling her to go play outside!)



(Beautiful house! I love how the fall decorations are kept elegant with a simple fall wreath on the door and the pumpkins leading up the steps! The unraked leaves add a little touch too.)


(Such a beautiful shot of the woods during fall, I love the up close colourful leaves and how you can just make out some people in the background.)


(I love the "decorations" on this house too, with the colourful leaves adorning the sides of the house and chimney anything more then the simple wreath on the door would be too much!)



(I love how the neutral colour-sceme full of different textures and patterns just screams fall, I love the shelving around the fireplace and the basket they are using to hold the wood, such a neat concept! I wish I was there...)


(I love every. single. concept in this outfit! I love the HUGE oversized cardigan and want it. I have been loving a white collar under any cardigan lately and have been wanting on myself and the burnt orange pants are a great way to add that fall trend to an outfit, before this I hadn't seen it done in a way I liked!)


(This reminds me of the scarf I just finished knitting so of course I had to add it... Again, I love this gray cable-knit cardi and want it!)



(This looks so cozy! I really want to knit myself a blanket like this and have been toying with the idea since June when I learned how to knit! Again the sweater looks so cozy and I love the added affect of the mug in hand. Wish I was in this situation in front of a firplace with the wind howling outside)




(Isn't this kitty just adorable!!! I love him he looks so cute...aww, now I gotta go cuddle with my little darlings.)



So I have deduced by making this post that 1- The weather better get colder soon, much to my mother's chagrin, 2- I want to start knitting a huge, cozy blanket and a pullover sweater (both have been on my maybe list but now it's official), & 3- I must find more money to go by more cardigans...oh dear.


On a side note I finished Angels and Demons today, LOVED the book, it took so many 180's, I can see myself reading this book again and again and again for years to come and still finding knew things. It was such a good book a breezed through it in two days, I feel I could have finished sooner but it included some difficult language, very mathematical that sometimes you had to read twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment